30 September 2010

Datemi pace, oh duri miei pensieri...

Every once in a while, I find myself overwhelmed. Ya feel me?

In a recent prayer journaling session, I wrote what turned out to be a slightly poetic exhortation for Rest, and realized that it wasn't nearly as private as I intended.

Rest. Rest, my frenetic soul. You are growing tired by taking on far too much trouble. The Lord knows what concerns you, and He holds those concerns in the palm of His hand.
Rest, my anxious body. Release your tension unto the Lord, for He holds it already. You clench the world between your shoulders as though it may fall. It is God alone Who knows the weight of the spheres. He alone bears them forever. Release unto Him that which you imagine to hold.
Rest, my breaking heart. You are worried about the hurts of others when you yourself have wounds yet to heal. Love the Lord, your Rock and your Shepherd, for He swathes you in grace unimagined.
Rest, my hurried mind. You think to scrutinize the inscrutable, while you ignore the attainable. Apprehend that beauty around you, and understand that which your Teacher has placed before you.
Thank you, oh my God, for peace beyond peace.

1 comment: